What is IV Sedation?
We utilise the wonderful expertise of Dr. Richard Kozlowski, he is Perth’s most experienced Sedation Dentist. Richard is a member of The Australian Society of Dental Anaesthesiology and sits on a State Anaesthesiology advisory body. The IV Sedation induces a deep sleep, the medication puts you in a dream like state.
You will not remember the procedure itself and for many patients you may not even remember the car ride home. You will not experience any pain or discomfort and the IV generally wears off over the next few hours whilst you relax at home. The benefits of a pain-free procedure throughout the entire treatment can not be over stated for those who suffer from dental anxiety.
The Benefits of Sedation or Sleep Dentistry
(1) Sedation dentistry can be used for any type of dental procedure.
(2) Great way to minimise treatment time, and maximise comfort.
(3) Amnesia ! With sedation dentistry you won’t remember the procedure it is then likely that your fear of the dentist will begin to subside.
(4) The gap reflex is negated, along with any associated risks of a bad gag reflex. Which means the dentist can work faster and more efficiently, ultimately adding to your comfort and a speedy recovery.
(5) Pain Free Dentistry because the brain cannot register pain while under the influence of sedatives and anaesthetics.
So if you have a fear of the Dentist then IV Sedation Dentistry might just be what you are looking for to achieve your Oral Health goals.